If a fault or damage occur in your apartment you are obliged to report this as soon as you discover it, in order to prevent the damage from getting worse. If you don't report, you may be liable for damages.
You are obliged to give the SSSB staff, or contractors that we engage, access to your accommodation when needed for maintenance or service work.
Would a fault occur in your apartment because of carelessness, vandalism or abnormal wear and tear, you may be liable for payment for repairs.
If you discover something wrong in your apartment or somewhere else in the building, you can report it on-line to your house caretaker using My pages. You can contact your house caretaker by telephone, email or by visiting the house caretakers' office. If the fault is an emergency, outside office hours on weekdays or at weekends, please contact our on-call service.
What does SSSB do?
SSSB is responsible for repairs and maintenance of the equipment that is part of the apartment and has been installed by us. Examples of services that are included in the rent:
- Repairs to white goods (cooker, fridge, freezer) in the kitchen
- Clearing major drain blockages
- Adjustment and service of water taps
- Troubleshooting and repair of electric sockets/plugs, etc. belonging to the apartment
- Sealing and adjustment of doors and windows
- Repair and replacement of locks and lock parts
SSSB does not service items that are not part of the apartment's basic equipment. This includes equipment installed by previous tenants. The tenant is responsible for the maintenance and replacement of e.g.:
- Venetian blinds
- Extra locks
What should you do yourself in your apartment?
As a tenant, you are obliged to take good care of your apartment and other areas that are part of the property. This responsibility includes fixing certain minor faults in your apartment. Examples include:
- Changing light bulbs and fluorescent light-tubes in e.g. the oven, fridge, above the sink and in the kitchen, kitchenette and bathroom.
- Changing fuses that are located inside your apartment or that are easily accessible outside your apartment.
- You should clean the floor-drain in the bathroom and the strainer in the wash basin and sink. You should also clean the water-trap under the wash basin and sink where possible. Read more »
- Remember to wipe the window vents regularly to ensure good ventilation.
- If your apartment has a freezer make sure to defrost it regularly.
- If you are lucky enough to have a patio/veranda, you must take care of it yourself.
Your house caretaker is of course available for advice and tips or to lend a helping hand should you need one.