Living in Gamla Stan, the oldest part of Stockholm, is a rare privilege, but thanks to SSSB students can live on Stortorget itself, right by the Royal Palace and Storkyrkan. The building dates back to the Middle Ages, and is one of Stockholm’s historic landmarks. This means, for example, that there is no lift and the building only has natural ventilation. There are shared apartments, where between four and eight rooms share a kitchen, dining room and WC/shower. No two rooms are the same, and they vary considerably in size. There are also a few apartments in the building.
House caretaker’s office Forum
Lucidor does not have its own house caretaker’s office. You can find your office at our housing area Forum.
Visiting and postal address: Körsbärsvägen 2, 114 23 Stockholm
Information about the area
Address: Skomakargatan 24 A-B, 111 29 Stockholm
Metro station: Gamla Stan
Lucidor dates back to the Middle Ages and was reconstructed in 1966 when SSSB acquired the building.
Estimated queueing time
- There are no reserved parking spaces. Please contact the municipal “Gatu- & fastighetskontoret” for permit to park in the street. Please note that driving within Gamla Stan is partly prohibited, and parking are sometimes troublesome.
- Attic storage spaces – separate or shared – are avilable.
- The letterbox is placed in the door of the apartment. The student rooms have a communal letterbox in the corridor entry door.
- Laundry room is in the basement.
- There is a garbage room placed in the yard where household waste can be desposed of.
- Containers for bulky refuse are placed in the yard. Electricity and glass desposes at 24A.
- Accommodation is unfurnished.
- Communal function room are available, the local tenants’ association are repsonsible for this space.
Equipment in kitchens/kitchenettes
In apartments with kitchenettes there is a fridge and cooking facilities. Oven is available in some apartments.
In apartments with kitchens there is a fridge/freezer and a stove with oven.
Communal kitchens have fridges/freezers and stoves with oven.
Number of floors
The building has 5 floors. No elevator.
There is a communal roof terrace.
Adaption for disability
No adaptations for disability.
The buildings have district heating.
Broadband fee, heating and heating of water is included in the rent. Electricity is included in the rent for student rooms only. The building has district heating.