Lappkärrsberget, or “Lappis” as it is known, is located in the beautiful surroundings of Norra Djurgården, in the middle of the National City Park. This is SSSB’s largest and most well-known student housing area. Several thousand students live here in their very own part of the city, a mere five-minute walk from Stockholm University. The mix of Swedish and international students and families with children creates a unique atmosphere.
The area is primarily home to traditional halls of residence – single rooms on student corridors. However there are also student apartments of varying sizes – from one to four rooms – as well as a nursery school and several play areas. The Lappis accommodation complex was built in the 1960s, but a new, circular building known as Fysikern (the Physicist) was constructed here in 2000. This building holds a number of one-room student apartments (studios) of varying sizes from 24 to 30 m² and a few two-room apartments with kitchenette at sizes 42-48 m².
House caretaker’s office Lappis
Visiting and postal address:
Professorsslingan 13, 114 17 Stockholm
Information about the area
Forskarbacken 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 114 15 Stockholm
Forskarbacken 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 114 16 Stockholm
Amanuensvägen 1-14, 114 16 Stockholm
Professorsslingan 9-47, 114 17 Stockholm
Lektorstigen 21-23, 114 17 Stockholm
Metro station: Universitetet/Bus: 50
Lappis was built between 1968 and 1970. Professorsslingan 10 was built in 2000.
Estimated queueing time
- There are parking spaces for tenants to rent in the area, but not through SSSB.
- Communal function rooms such as gym, sauna and assembly room are available. The local tenants’ association is responsible for these premises.
- An external storage space is available to each accommodation unit, except for the accommodations units at Amanuensvägen 1 b and 8.
- The letterboxes are placed in the door of the apartment or by the entrance to the corridor, except at Professorsslingan 10 where they are placed on the entrance floor.
- The laundry rooms are situated at Forskarbacken 5, 6, 10 and Professorsslingan 10, 15, 39.
- Recycling facilities (including household waste) and a waste disposal site is situated in the area. At Professorsslingan 31-45 there is a a refuse chute for household waste in the stairwells.
- There are bicycle rooms in the area.
- Free wi-fi is available on the square and in the park above in Lappis, both for tenants, visitors and the public.
There are student rooms both with and without furniture. The other accommodation units are without furniture.
10-12 of the student rooms share communal kitchen and dining room. Some of the communal kitchens that don’t have a separate dining room have instead a dining area in the kitchen.
Equipment in kitchens/kitchenettes
The apartments with kitchen are equipped with a fridge, a freezer and a stove with oven.
The apartments with kitchenettes are equipped with a fridge and cooking facilities and in some there is also a freezer and an oven. NB In some apartments with kitchenettes that have stoves with two hot plates and an oven you can only use two units at a time. (For example one hot plate and the oven.)
Communal kitchens have fridges/freezers and stoves with oven.
Number of floors
The building has 3-7 floors.
Elevators is situated at Forskarbacken 7-21 (uneven numbers), Amanuensvägen 8 and at Professorsslingan 10, 13, 31-45.
There are balconies in the apartments at Professorsslingan 31-45 and in some apartments at Professorsslingan 10.
Adaption for disability
The apartments at Professorsslingan 10 are adapted for disability to the extent that you can drive in with an indoor wheelchair and rotate it in the hall and wet room. In our other buildings there is no adaptations for disability.
An electronic locking system will be installed during 2007.
Broadband fee, electricity, heating and heating of water is included in the rent. The area has there on boiler room with waterborne heating and is using biomass fuel.