SSSB’s newest construction is called Embla and is situated in Hammarby Sjöstad. The first tenants moved in in December 2006. The building houses 265 apartments, the majority of which are one-room apartments of varying sizes. There are also some spacious two-room apartments and a handful of three-room apartments, all of which have an open-plan kitchen area.
House caretaker’s office Embla
Visiting and postal address: Hammarby allé 78 B, 120 61 Stockholm
Information about the area
Address: Maltgatan 4-12, 120 79 Stockholm/Hammarby allé 78 C, 120 61 Stockholm
The first tenants moved in to the newly built Embla in December of 2006.
Estimated queueing time
- There is a garage (owned by Stockholms Parkering) with 113 parking spaces underneath the building. It is also possible to park in the street. Please contact the municipal “Gatu- & fastighetskontoret” for more information about permition to park in the street.
- Communal function rooms (assembly rooms) are available. The local tenants’ association is repsonsible for these spaces.
- An external or a basement storage space is available to each apartment.
- The letterboxes are placed on the entrance floor.
- Laundy rooms is situated on floors 3-6.
- There is a a refuse chute for household waste adjacent to the property.
- There is a bicycle room in the basement.
Equipment in kitchens/kitchenettes
In the smaller apartments the kitchenettes are equipped with a fridge with freezer compartment and a stove with oven.
The larger apartments are equipped with fridge/freezer and a stove with oven.
Number of floors
The building has 8 floors. Elevator available.
The apartments on floor 7, those facing Hammarby allé, have access to a balcony. The apartments on the ground level towards the coartyard have there own patio. Most of the other apartments have French windows.
Adaption for disability
The housing is adapted for disability to the extent that you can drive in with an indoor wheelchair and rotate it in the hall and wet room.
Embla has an electronic locking system to all doorways and public areas in the building. There is an entry phone for visitors.
Broadband fee, heating and heating of water is included in the rent. All apartments have individual electricity metering. The building has district heating.