Good lighting in your stairwell, a clean and tidy entrance, and neighbours you feel at home with are some of the things that we know contributes to a pleasant living environment. This is why we’ve decided to take a number of steps to focus on these areas.
Safe and Sound Together is the main objective that we’ll be working towards during the year. This means, among other things, that we want to make sure our entrances are always clean and tidy, we have fully functioning lighting in our properties and areas, and that you can always be sure your neighbours are students, and nothing else.
As one of our tenants, you can help us in our work. At My pages, you can easily report a fault the moment you find lighting which is out of order or sub-standard. At the end of February, we’ll be adding a function in the list for reporting faults, where you can report unauthorised subletting. The function is based on a fully secure, so-called whistleblower service, where you can report anonymously. You can also use the function to report other issues of concern in your accommodation.
We’re planning to spend more time in our housing areas, so you’ll have the chance to ask questions or give us suggestions and feedback face to face.
• Maintaining fully functioning lighting in and around your property
• Ensuring broken lightning is repaired within two working days
• Taking extra steps to provide energy-smart, reliable lighting solutions
• Identifying and planning measures to maintain and restore our entrances
• Ensuring the information posted in your stairwell is clear and up to date
• Weekly monitoring to ensure your entrance is clean and tidy
• Carrying out controls to ensure we only have students living in our rooms and apartments
• More focus on information which explains our subletting rules
• Introducing an anonymous function for reporting unauthorised residents. You can also use this to report other issues of concern in your accommodation